Blog background

Friday, July 23, 2010

Suck it...

My Kodak scanner makes all my pictures stripy. And I have already replaced the all-in-one-piece-of-crap once so I'm about to kick it to the curb. Suck it Kodak and your so-called support!

I have a bunch of family photos I want to scan, but here are a few old ones that I already have on the computer...


My mom when she was little, very cute.

Here she is a little older.

This is my grandparents' wedding picture.

I just have to recommend these must-read books:



This is Waris Dirie's true story about how she grew up in Somalia, was circumcized and forced to marry an older man. It is sooo good and not your everyday romantic crap (but I do read that too of course). The second book is more of a follow-up of what happened later so the first book is the best one.

This is what I'm currently trying to plow through:


Swedish books I got from a friend. Some are from the 60's.

This one is on my wish list:


"Zoya's Story: An Afghan Woman's Struggle for Freedom"

by John Follain and Rita Cristofari

No comments:

Post a Comment