Blog background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Aalligaaator, aalligaaator...

The kids and I went to story time today. Dequan seemed to be into it too. The kids were listening to stories and dancing to music. They always finish off with "Alligator, alligator, can be your friend, can be your friend, can be your friend too...". Love it! :) I miss the Swedish day care songs though. I have a bunch that I want to post on a separate page. I just have to remember how to make a static page, it's been a while.

After the library we picked up some food from McDonald's. I ate like three hours ago but I'm still stuffed. The angus burger with swiss and mushroom is yummy but too big for me. I had fries and milkshake too so I almost exploded. It wouldn't be so bad if I was going to work it off, but I'm not. It's just gonna sit there and slowly digest and I guess half of it will add to my tummy tire, yuck, haha. Hubby had no problems eating the whole burger plus an order of large fries by himself!

Dequan was standing for like 20 seconds two days ago. Today he was standing for several minutes (felt like 5) while we were taking pictures and filming him. I see some steps in the very near future. If he's close to the couch he'll take a step to it, so he's trying to walk. Hakeem walked at 10 months and Javari at 11 months. I guess Dequan will beat them both. :) I don't think there's anything more exciting than the first steps. The first word is very cool too, looking forward to that.

We don't have any plans tomorrow...I think. better check my calendar and make sure. Speaking of that, my calendar ends this week so I can't make any plans until I buy a new one. I wonder where I can find a really nice one? I love pretty things, especially with the color purple and butterflies. But that's how my current calendar looks so maybe I should go with something else...maybe something scrapbookish if I can find it.

Time for popcorn!! I know I just said I'm full but writing this post made me crave popcorn for some reason. Really I would prefer chocolate but I ate the last candy bar after breakfast. How can I make up for all this junk tomorrow?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment