Blog background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The occasional scrapper

We've been in the house for a week and I still didn't get much cleaning and stuff done. I suck. Last night I spent almost three hours cleaning and organizing the kids' room. I asked the kids to pick a bunch of toys to put in the garage because it was just too much in there. They don't play much with their toys anymore, guess they're getting too big for that. They just want to play video games and online games, and watch TV. We also rearranged their bed to make more floor space, and I vacuum cleaned in there. After that I was so tired and slept in an arm chair (NOT comfy!) in the living room for an hour while the others watched TV. That was my second nap of the day so I didn't go to bed until 4am! Today I'm hoping to get around to cleaning a bathroom and the fridge/freezer. I've been trying to do that all week, sigh. Tomorrow we're getting out of the house, yay! The park in the morning with the kiddos. In the evening the baby and I are going to a friend's house to play bunco for the first time with a bunch of ladies I've never met. It should be fun, especially if I win something! :) They play for money and prizes. I have to bring Dequan since I'm breastfeeding. I hope he behaves.

I actually had time to do this the other day:

Maurice, Hakeem, and I at Mt Charleston when Hakeem was a little over a year old. We were celebrating midsummer with SWEA.

I haven't made a scrapbook page in over a year. As you can see it's not finished. I need a title and some journaling. I have several unfinished pages like this one because I don't have titles that match and I'm scared of journaling. So I gotta go to a scrapbook store and find something that works and is in the right size (I'm hoping for brown chipboard letters). That's how smart I am.

Here are a few layouts that are actually finished (no journaling though):

Hakeem at Bonnie Springs when he was around 2.


Page 2 out of 4.


Hakeem in Sweden when he was 15 months. The water was really cold so we only dipped our feet.


My stepdaughters Lanaize and Joshlyn. This was one of my first layouts. I still need to add their names on there somewhere.

I wish scrapbooking wasn't so expensive and time consuming. I have tons of pictures I want to scrap. I'm scared to use the kids' baby pictures until I get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment