Blog background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple versus outrageous

I'm tired of being sick already! I've been sick since Saturday night. Hopefully I'll feel great when I wake up tomorrow, I can at least wish. I'm sad to say I have not put the (plastic) Chrsitmas tree up yet. I was going to do it today but I had no energy to do anything. Nobody got good sleep last night. Hakeem was awake most of the night with a tooth ache and Dequan had a hard time sleeping because of congestion. Still we had to get up early this morning because the landlord was coming by. I was half dead all day. I picked up some children's motrin for Hakeem because the tylenol was not working at all. It seemed to do the trick so he should be able to go to school tomorrow. I have to take Javari to preschool tomorrow and hopefully after that I'll find some energy to decorate the house. Inside only. A few houses on this street are covered in lights and Santas and reindeers and everyhting else. It's pretty but I wonder what their electric bills look like! In Sweden it's plenty if you hang some lights in one tree in the yard but most people don't even do that. On the other hand we put stars and electric candles in the windows. So cozy.

Decorating Swedish style.

Decorating American style.

No comments:

Post a Comment