Blog background

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saint Lucia..

I'm sick today. Not fun but at least I have time to write a little post and share some pictures. Friday I took Javari and Dequan to the indoor botanical garden at Bellagio. They weren't quite finished with their holiday display so we couldn't go in the middle part, but we got some ok pictures anyway. Yesterday we went to the Scandinavian Christmas party like we've been doing every year for I don't know how many years now, maybe 5. Hakeem and Javari participated in the Lucia train dressed in long white dresses. They did a really good job. It was Javari's first time and Hakeem's second. After that it was time to eat some Scandinavian goodies. If you would like to learn more about Saint Lucia go to Wikipedia.

Lucia.

Botanical gardens at Bellagio.


Javari with no hair gel, haha.

The small version of the Eiffel Tower.

The Lucia singing in church yesterday.

Lined up for pictures afterwards.

"Stjärngossar" Javari and Hakeem.

Dequan eating a yummy sandwich.

Waiting to fish for a goodie bag in the fish pond.

The things in the tree behind Javari are called "smällkarameller" and they contain candy. I think I will make a tutorial for them soon.

Some of the goodies I found at World Market Friday.

German chocolate Santas from World Market, yum! I ate them all in two days with a little help from the kids. So sick but good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment