Blog background

Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween has started already

Javari made a super easy halloween craft at preschool today that I just have to share. We have almost everything at home so I will have Hakeem do it too. Or maybe save it for the halloween party we're having with our playgroup soon (not at my house but I'm helping since I'm the group organizer). I have a leftover pumpkin craft too from yesterday's halloween craft that we did at one member's house that I'm saving for the party. I've been getting stuff for the goodie bags this week and it's so fun to prepare for an event. I think I like the planning part more than the actual party. :)

Pumpkin we made yesterday and Javari's ghost picture.

How to: you need black construction paper, cotton balls, googly eyes, and stars. These stars are punched out of construction paper but you could just trace and cut your own or use star stickers. Then just glue everything onto the paper. Pretty self-explanatory right?

More pumpkins plus sun catchers that we painted.

Javari dressed up as a Ninja Turtle (there's an eye mask to go with it too).

Dequan absolutely hates hats so this was the best shot I could get of his alien (from Toy Story) costume.

Oops, I think he's mad at me.

Look at all that fun food! :)

The following pictures are from last year's halloween craft playdate. The host had us paint spiders and make little pumpkins, so cute. One spider is a ladybug, one has a cross on it's back, one looks Darth Vader-ish with red eyes, some have heart-shaped lips, etc. You can really use your imagination with these. If you want to be more realistic you can put eight eyes on them. We need to make some more of these because I don't know where I put them!

Spider attack!

Look how short Javari's hair was!


No comments:

Post a Comment