Blog background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sew great

Hmm, I don't know what I was thinking last night when I set the alarm for one hour earlier than I needed to. I guess I was thinking Javari starts preschool at 10:30 instead of 11:30. So I slept less than 6 hours - again. Oh well, maybe I'll feel like cleaning the fridge or something. Dequan just went back to sleep so I could do it. Nah.

I have a new obsession....sewing. I want to get a sewing machine and some fabric and just get started. I love getting started on things and then I never keep up with it for long. Prime example: scrapbooking, I do it twice a year. So I don't know if I should spend money on a sewing machine. I think I will really sew some clothes though. It will be cheaper and I can buy some fun Swedish fabrics (it's great quality too) and make typical Swedish children's clothes for my kids. I haven't sewed in years but how hard can it be to make a T-shirt or shorts for example. I would like to sew some toys too, maybe baby blocks. I used to live in Eskilstuna, Sweden for a year because I went to college there. There in the building next to my apartment building they had a place where you could use the computers, a wood shop, and a sewing machine. I went there a couple of times and used the sewing machine to sew curtains. It was free. I doubt there's a place like that here but I really wish there was. I wish I could open up a cozy little tea shop with yummy Scandinavian pastries, sandwiches, and exotic teas from all over the world (maybe some coffee and ice cream too). I would have computers with Internet and sewing machines for use for a small fee. There would be a kids' area with some toys and games. The decor would be Scandinavian or cozy European. Anyone got the start-up funds? :)

Upcoming agenda:

Friday - Playdate @ McDonald's
Saturday: Asian Moon Festival @ the Springs Preserve
Sunday: Lego Club at the library (Hakeem finally got a spot, he's so excited)
Monday: Cleaning and laundry day
Tuesday: My mom and sister are coming to town! :)


Hakeem with the poster he made for the student council election. He did it all by himself and even came up with the message. :)


This picture is really bad but you get an idea of Javari at gymnastics. He's in the orange shirt to the right.


Dequan "watching" Javari at gymnastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment