Blog background

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Busy bees + movies

I've been pretty busy lately like I always am after school is back in session. Hakeem is gone from 7:45am to 4:30pm Mon through Friday, and Javari has preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30am-1:30pm, plus gymnastics on Tuesday mornings. And then of course we have playdates, homework help, cooking, cleaning, and everything else. The cleaning seems to be my last priority as the house is a mess. My mom and sister are coming to visit in a week and a half so this coming week I will have to clean everything up. That invloves organizing as well sine we have too much stuff that doesn't have a place and we have way more stuff than we need. I took 5 big bags of clothes to Safe Nest/Savers yesterday and I still have several more bags. I hope we can have a yardsale soon. My husband is a mover and his customers like to give him stuff they don't need anymore, and my husband unfortunately has a hard time saying no. He stuffs the stuff in the garage and says he's going to give it away or sell it but that rarely happens. It stresses me out when there's too much stuff. Imagine how much harder it is to clean when you have to move stuff around. Aahhhh! I'm gonna keep sneaking stuff out of here while hubby is at work, hehe. We've been trying to sell a bedroom set on craigslist for forever and people say they're gonna come by and look at it but they never do. Someone is supposedly coming by today but I doubt it. It's a very nice king size set but we don't have any need for it.

I've been collecting points with coca cola (from the bottle caps) and this week I traded some points in for a coupon at Blockbuster. We went there last night and got for free: two movies, two 20 oz drinks, and a tub of popcorn. And then we ended up with two more movies and a bunch of candy so we still spent $18, ouch! I'm so used to getting movies for $1 at the redbox so it really hurts to pay $5 per movie at Blockbuster. That's why I haven't been there in a few years. The kids watched Marmaduke while we watched Janky Promoters. It was just ok to me but hubby was laughing. We don't always have the same sense of humor. After the kids went to bed we watched Shutter Island. I hated it, so confusing and dumb. We seriously thought there was something wrong with the DVD when they skipped to another scene. We took it out and cleaned it but then realized it was done on purpose, so bad. I didn't get the point with the movie at all. It could have been really good if they had done it differently and changed the storyline a little. Hubby was smart to sleep through most of it. Well, we have one more movie to watch tonight and hopefully it will be worth our time.

I don't have any pictures to post today as they are on the PC and I'm on the laptop right now. Will go on there and post some later.

No comments:

Post a Comment