Blog background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Los pollitos

Believe it or not but I have a Spanish kids song stuck in my head. Los pollitos dicen pio pio pio....no stop! We have been talking about doing Spanish classes (and other languages) for the kids in the playgroup so tonight I found our Spanish activity book called "First Spanish" (from Scholastic). In it I had a couple of papers with Spanish and French songs that Hakeem got from a Spanish activity we went to when he was real little. I just love the Los Pollitos (little chicks) song. I sung it to Dequan a couple of times tonight and then it got stuck and it's replaying in my head over, and over, and over. Well just the first line because it's all I remember by heart, even worse! Here's the video. Watch the video and maybe it will get stuck in your head too, hehehe.



This one is totally cute too:



I'm sure you can tell which song this is:



Speaking of Spanish songs. The boys love La Bamba with Alvin and the Chipmunks. It's quite catchy, and screechy (like nails on the blackboard)! There's no way to avoid Spanish when you live here so you might as well just learn it. Hakeem has a few classmates who speak Spanish and he has Spanish class once a week (starting in first grade). And here is the song, cover your ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment